The NEW 5K distance (October 19, 2019) is an exciting addition to the First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon, Relay and 10K (October 20) which will expand this gorgeous, coastal race into a full event weekend festival!
RACE HIGHLIGHTS & INFO
The new 5K course will start/finish near Five Points Park and Fit2Run in downtown Sarasota. Starting at 7 AM on Saturday, October 19th, this race is open to runners, walkers and push-rim wheelchairs.*
- First ever 5K race in downtown Sarasota!
- On-course aid support and entertainment.
- Finisher medal for all who cross the Finish Line!
- Continental post-race breakfast and invitation to Sunday’s post-race breakfast buffet, courtesy of First Watch
- Custom participant shirt (men/women sizes)
- Awards for top finishers – overall and age group.
*Strollers will also be allowed, but must line up at the back of the starting line corral.
For the first time, downtown Sarasota will see a 5K race! Check out some of the course highlights and considerations:
- Start/Finish Location: Five Points Park – 61 N Pineapple Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236
- Pace Requirement: 16 minutes/mile
- Gear check will be available!
*More information to come. Please check back soon!