2019 URGENT RACE UPDATE (as of 10/19/2019, 9:30 PM) – Sarasota Half Marathon course cancellation.
Due to public safety issues, the half marathon and second half of the relay course has been cancelled.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and recognize the hard work put into training for this event. We are extremely saddened we cannot host the half marathon tomorrow.
Half marathon numbers have automatically been assigned to the 10K race. Relay runners have been automatically assigned a new bib number which can be picked up tomorrow morning at the registration tent.
Again we apologize for the short notice and cancellation of this event.
All participants should follow the schedule for Sunday’s event:
- 5:30 a.m. – 6:15 a.m. Race day packet pickup
- 5:30 a.m. Gear check opens
- 6:30 a.m. Race start
- 8:00 a.m. Awards ceremony
- 9:30 a.m. Gear check and Finish Festival close
Reminder: the new 5K route will start and end with the 10K at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall: 777 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236. The new route is also available online here.
We appreciate your support with this last minute change. Please allow for plenty of time race morning to park, meet up with friends and get set at the start line.
Florida’s Crown Jewel
Join us on Florida’s west coast for a great race in beautiful Sarasota! You’ll enjoy breath taking views of Sarasota Bay as you cross the John Ringling Causeway before traversing through Sarasota’s stunning neighborhoods and historic sites such as St. Armand’s Circle, John Ringling Bridge, Downtown Sarasota and the Ringling Museum of Art.
Crossing the Finish Line, you’ll be treated to a gourmet breakfast buffet provided by and enjoy the bayside beer garden featuring live music and more. The Sarasota Half Marathon | Relay | 10K and NEW 5K distance is one of the premier running events in West Florida, making this a tradition for family, friends and runners from all over the country to enjoy.
Register and Receive
- Beautiful race course highlighting the best of Sarasota
- Aid stations every mile – mile and a half with water, Gatorade Endurance and restrooms
- Entertainment including live music, DJs and more.
- USA Track & Field certified
- Finisher Medal
- Giant dolphin-inspired Finisher medal for half marathon, relay & 10K finishers (2019 rendering pictured right).
- 5K Finisher medal
- Access to our legendary bayside Finish Festival presented by
- Gourmet breakfast buffet courtesy of
- Live music on the main stage
- Complimentary beer for all participants (must be 21 years or over, ID required)
- Picturesque vistas of Sarasota Bay
- Custom Sarasota, short-sleeve participant shirt (men’s/women’s sizes)
NEW Official Charity Parner: Girls on the Run!
We are excited to announce our new partnership with Girls on the Run Greater Tampa Bay (GOTR). As part of its newly formed partnership with GOTR, Life Time will be making a per registration donation to GOTR to help grow and support the non-profit organization’s Sarasota and Manatee County after-school fitness and life skills training programs. In addition, every person registering will have the opportunity to round up or make an additional donation to the GOTR program, with all proceeds benefitting Sarasota and Manatee County participants.
- October 14, 2019Welcome to RACE WEEK for the 14th annual Sarasota Half Marathon | Relay | 10K & NEW 5K! With the […]
- August 15, 2019Life Time gains city approval to expand single day race into weekend festival, Oct. 19-20,with downtown area 5K race on […]
- November 15, 2018Sarasota Half Marathon announces new Fall Race Date 14thAnnual race, including Relay and 10K, moves to October 20, 2019 SARASOTA, […]
The Sarasota Half Marathon & Relay experience is at the pinnacle of athletic events thanks in part to our wonderful sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team.